Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Sunday Treasures

Last night we went to our yearly Fantasy Football draft at our esteemed League Manager's home. We drafted our teams and ate pizza and had a great time. There were cookies and cake pops and cupcakes and soda and bunt cake. After Grant had what could have been enough sweets for a kid 3 times his size, I cut him off. He wanted one more cookie, so I told him to ask our lovely hostess if he might be able to take one home in a baggie for tomorrow. She graciously slipped into the kitchen to help him while I was deeply engrossed in my next draft pick and later informed me that she had put it in my bag. What follows is the email I sent her today to enlighten her as to the fate of that cookie.


So remember that "1 cookie" in a baggie you were going to give Grant for "tomorrow"? Well I got home last night and forgot it was in my purse. We got to church today and I got the kids all settled into our side row (remember how I sit alone now that Dave is in the bishopric). So the meeting starts and we are about 5 minutes in and Grant is rummaging through my purse for a toy and he pulls out said cookie and it has morphed into about 6 cookies and 4 cake pops and Grant looks like he has just struck gold! He may have even shouted Eureka! Looking back, the details are a little hazy.

I grab them quickly to avoid Mason seeing them but it was too late! "DIS!!!!!!" hear from my right as a chubby little pointer finger zeros in on the miraculous treasure...My internal monologue was playing out two options: #1 Play keep away for an hour and put up with Mason loudly expressing his displeasure in a quiet holy setting. #2 Give them the goods and avoid a tantrum and a lot of looky loos....
Long story short...it was 9am and I ended up with 2 very hyper kids riding a sugar high, the likes of which have rarely been seen in church. They were making 4 foot laps in our pew and giggling and there were crumbs and chocolate skid marks from here to Sunday. It was epic. Just thought I would let you know I was thinking of you this morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment